Monday, October 1, 2007

Live Video of changing a gtube/button out..

Warning: If your squeemish in any way....I would not recommend watching this. However, if you want to get a glimpse of our life...then watch on loved ones!

A Gtube button change out for Luke was required. (his other broke on us) What this means is Luke's button broke and Wanda/I had to pull his current "broke" button out of his stomach and replace it with a new one.

I think you'll be fascinated by how easy this is. Now, please note: We have to carry a spare button everywhere we go. You've typically got 1 hour to replace the button if the button ever got pulled out and could not be put back in. Otherwise, the stoma (the surgical button hole) will close up and your back in surgery. (no pressure) :)

I used to have thoughts of us running to the ER. However, I did this myself the first time at 6mths and it was so darn easy. I felt very 'nursy'. Now...why waste a trip to the ER when you can do it yourself. We've come a long way baby. Here's a glimpse...sit back and enjoy. small tip: (I would not eat while watching)

No comments: