Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fundraiser for my Luke--a cure for CMS

Dearest loved ones,

Oky Doky. Well, got something. You ready? I'm going on a walk. With pedometer in tow....I'm going on a walk. Read on..love you.

Just a little thing..but actually huge thing. Here goes: My little baby needs a cure. Yes, he's healed through the power of medication. By God's grace.

However..and a huge however. The last neurology appt. I went on with Luke I was pulled aside by one of the representatives of the MDA.ORG organization. (translation: JERRY LEWIS: Helping Jerry's kids).

As I was talking to him I realized that all those years I watched Jerry Lewis telethons on TV I was literally living it. I literally stopped in my tracks thinking...wow..is this for real? I'm actually one of those people he pulled for all those years' on TV moment. Isn't that crazy? Who would have ever thought it? It blows my mind. Mainly because I watched him. I actually remember sitting on my mom's couch with that hideous quilted crocheted blanket draped over it and thought....hmmm, I remember that. Not really grasping it at that age...but indeed remember Jerry Lewis begging. It was a surreal moment.

How would I have ever guessed Jerry Lewis and I would collide. Indeed we have Jerry. Indeed we have.

With that said, Luke has a "Neuromuscular disease". It's just so hard for me to say. I have embraced it....but embracing healing is one thing....living it is another.

My child needs a cure. The side affects of medication long term, the years of therapy and all that it takes for Luke to get the care he needs to live out a long term life (by God's grace) will take much prayer for him.

As a momma...I want a cure. I am here to advocate for this organization. I have too. I have to walk for the Stride & Ride marathon that the MDA organization is putting on at Grapevine Mills mall on January 26th @ 9am. I couldn't say no because at that moment this man was rambling to me about this walk-a-thon I could not stop thinking..."I have to do this...I just have too".

So, here I am..once again. Beg girl. Begging for another..yet another favor. Would you be willing to donate even as low as $10 on Luke's website that is created by MDA.ORG for donations? All donations will specifically go towards Luke's syndrome.

My goal is to raise $1000

I will be doing this every year. I pray I can raise that much for my Luke. In a way, walking is so significant. Because every step makes a difference as every dollar will make a difference.

Please understand loved ones, blog stalkers, friends, family, church family...WE HAVE THE MEDICATION CALLED MESTINON BECAUSE OF FUNDRAISERS JUST LIKE THIS THAT JERRY LEWIS ADVOCATED FOR. SOMEONE HAD TO PAY THOSE NEUROLOGISTS to do this amazing research to create a medication that has healed my Luke.
Loved ones, please pray about this. Give $1...anything. Help me Help Luke and his CMS friends have a cure someday.

MDA.ORG promised me that they are 100% legitimate and promised me that all funds go to exactly my son's syndrome. I was worried about that. They are reputable and so very gracious.

NOW---
Your donation would help MDA continue the important fight against muscular dystrophy. Check out my web page by clicking on the link below. There you’ll find all kinds of information about MDA, and be able to make your tax-deductible donation on-line using your credit card.

Click on this link below:
LUKE's DONATION SITE

I love you. Period.
In Him,

A

No comments: