Sunday, January 27, 2008

MDA.ORG Stride and Ride Finale

Wow everyone, what a great day we had. Above is Deb/Me and the kiddo's holding up Luke's sign. MDA.org raised $240,000 from 7:30am-10:00am and that doesn't even count the $115,000 we raised online. It's incredible. And so very humbling.

Luke's team raised $1,295.00 and I was informed that Luke had an amazing first year! Thank you loved ones...my heart is so full and so elated.

So...the fun part! Ericka and I got there at the crack of dawn and I was amazed at how many people were already there!! Note to self for next year: Get there at 7:00am!

Thank you Team---you really made my day! Below are the details next to each picture.

It was a touching event! I hope we can see you/your families out there next year. I think you'll be glad to come as it's an amazing experience.

Me with Luke's button and sign. Actually, I made this sign in the hopes I could get on the news!! But....no camera's were in sight. Next year..I'll hunt them down. lol.
Ericka my BFF and the master photographer. Thank you honey---your support and friendship mean the world to me. I love you.

Our team!! Love you all! I love this picture...it looks as if our team is HUGE. We laughed about that. (see Luke's sign on the left...we had our own table)


The Willams boys. Reid and Cole. (our little team angels)

Bryan and April. Ok....Bryan is our master walker. In fact, he and his boys were our master walkers and walked for the entire team. LOL!Some of us just wanted to have our little party at the table...but April/Bryan's boys (Reid and Cole) insisted they walk for Luke. Wow. I was so touched!! Bless these little babes! Thank you Bryan for walking for the entire team! We love your family incredibly.






My BFF Debbie and our team angels Josh and Jordan! They were so cute---they walked with me and held up Luke's sign. So adorable. These kids are actually mine. I'm there 2nd momma. (they call me Aunty Aner).






This is my Grandmother's friends from her home team! Grant/Barbara and their precious boys.




Baby Ella giving Luke sugars and kisses. Is this not adorable??!!



Ericka! This picture is blurry...but I had to post it. So cute with all Luke's buttons.

Meghan/her momma and her precious boys! Meghan..I loved you being there honey! Meghan was one of my nurses that came in to take care of Luke. We love her.


















Ok..the most touching part. All our team angels (the children) were handing me money for Luke! It was so dang adorable and so sweet. I have to say...you really ought to hop over to April's blog. Her kids are still talking about it and I'm convinced that this type of thing is the best thing to give to our children. They really come away moved.
Video below...it's long! Sorry!
Hope to see you all next year!
TO ALL THE BLOG FAMILY THAT DONATED:
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. PLEASE KNOW THAT OUR PRAYER IS THAT THIS MONEY WILL BRING OUR LUKE A CURE. EVERY $1 COUNTS AND YOUR LOVE AND COMPASSION HAS MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE NOT ONLY IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS...BUT OUR LUKE'S LIFE.
WE LOVE YOU DESPERATELY--
THE HUGHES FAMILY

No comments: