Saturday, March 22, 2008

Luke's 1st family reunion

Hi blog fam,....we went to the Hughes family reunion today. Well, I call it reunion but they actually do this every year. It was quite fun. (I was surprised!) We've missed the last 2 years because of Lukester's medical issues, but this year..whooohooo Luke is doing great. (btgog)

So...we went. It reminded me of the Lake Texoma days at the Lake when I was a kid. We would go there every 4th of July (that was our family tradition). So, I was appointed the photoggy and I offered to take a full family picture. Everyone was thrilled. You'll notice I'm not in it. (the downside to photography)


The Texas location was somewhere past Valley View, Texas off Lake Ray Roberts. Translation: In the sticks.

The fun part was they fry up croppy and catfish every year. Affectionately called "A fish fry".



They also had an Easter egg hunt and Jonathan and Grandma Betty took Luke to find the goodies. Luke's eggs had a ball, a plastic dinosaur and a penny in it. So fun.

The below picture is Luke's granddad and great granddaddy. *yes, I'm kicking myself for not getting that 4th generational picture. Don't get me started on this. I'm wanted to cry when I remembered halfway down the road after leaving.


In sum, it was fun. Luke did great right up until the very last 30 minutes and then he just had a meltdown. He gets that way when he's over stemmed. So, we departed quickly and he cried for about 10minutes in the car. Poor pumpkin. He just can't handle all those people all at once. (note to Luke from mommy: it's ok baby, momma/daddy understand and we will always support you when you feel overwhelmed) Takes a lot for a child to be isolated and then bam....dropped into a huge crowd.

Ok...so, here you go. Enjoy
Big hugs and Happy Easter......A

No comments: