Friday, April 18, 2008

The Mayo clinic call

Hi, so excited. Real quick. Just got off the phone w/our pediatric neurologist at the MAYO clinic. She was thrilled to hear about the new baby. She said that there is no need for an amnio. She said they can test the baby's blood at birth and have the results for CMS back in 1 week.

She said that if the baby has CMS that it will be very apparent at birth. Even if I didn't have gestation diabetes this time, this new baby will present the symptoms of global hypotonia, etc.

And...they can give mestinon AT BIRTH and it works amazingly. Meaning blog family, if by God's grace all is well and the baby presents CMS...we can bypass a TUBE! SURGERY! EVERYTHING. I may even be able to breastfeed with mestinon.

I want to cry. It's the most hopeful news ever. I love Dr. Selcen at the Mayo Clinic so much. She's from Turkey and she's so kind, so attentive and loves our little Luke. She's just so encouraging. And you know why?!! Because this lady sees it all!! She and Dr. Engel smiled at us when I asked about having Grandkids with Luke. They both looked at me and smiled and then proceeded to tell us about other patients like Luke that do great.

I say this with humbleness...God's grace. His Grace shows up mysteriously in many ways.

Love you again blog fam,
A

No comments: