Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our blessed guest


Our beloved Paul! Hi blog family, we had a special visitor last night for dinner. See him above? Isn't he adorable? NOTE LADIES: He's single and amazing. LOL! (you're so gonna kill me aren't you Paul? Don't be mad.....the above sentence filtered out of me...it's isolated..I swear) :)

We were so excited and anticipating this all week long. So, above is Paul--but you can call him "P diddy". Paul and I originally met at church while he was on staff serving and I was a small group leader a few years back. So, he's come back from serving in China a few months ago and blessed us with his presence! We missed you Paul!

Ok, so I must confess that I have favorite people in my life. I really do. I don't want to be that type of person that plays 'favorites'.....but sometimes..you meet someone and you walk away and think...I really love this person. They touch my soul. This is what happened when I met Paul for the very 1st time. He just grabs your soul. He's good people. (note again ladies: GOOD PEOPLE) He will have you rolling and has the most intoxicating sense of humor. It's so fun. I didn't want him to leave. (private reality) But...life must go on!


So, here' the fun rundown. Lisa/Paul drove over early afternoon and Lisa cooked this amazing meal. (thank you honey!) Truly! Amazing meal. Meatloaf stuffed in bell peppers, a blue cheese salad, whipped cauliflower and steamed veggies. Do you not want to just take Lisa A. hostage in your home? I do.

At any rate, we had so much to catch up on as Paul has not seen Luke since he prayed for him (MANY TIMES) in the NICU. YES..you heard it. Paul would jump in his car and race over to the hospital and lay hands and pray over our sweet Luke when he was so, so sick in the NICU.

**I just want it noted...when a man of prayer does this for your baby...you want to tackle him and never let go** Hence why I freaking love this man. He's just a light.

So, he got to see our Luke in full form. Aunt Lisa is brilliant and bought Luke a balloon to which he swoooned over. (she so knows Luke) So, Luke was giddy and elated to have balloon time. So fun! I was overjoyed that Paul got to see the miracle in Luke. It was a blessing.

We basically sat back and enjoyed the great food and we just talked, talked, talked. I was in Hoggy heaven .

This said, we ended with sitting on the couch watching some of the debate and I took this opportunity for Paul to write a note in Luke's baby album. I've been wanting the people that came to the hospital and prayed to write a note to Luke so that one day...Luke will see how much God loves him through other people and their prayers for him. It's emotional..but so very true. I was elated that Paul got to do this for us. (thank you Paul, love you)

That said, the night was ending and P Diddy and Lisa Loo had to depart. Lisa/Paul...I didn't want y'all to leave! (ok..I'm needy right now) :)

So...I'll end with pics. And...you can't miss the obnoxious video below. It will crack you up in reference to the halloween decorations! It's quite embarrassing actually. (lol)

ok so, the picture rundown: you know how Luke would smile for the camera on our last outing? Well, guess what. He would stick out his tongue every time Lisa or I would say "smile". It was hysterical.


Pumpkin chop and coveted balloon; Daddy and me; a smirk smile we got on camera!




Lisa loo and Paul above. (a fun pair)

DEEEEELEEEEESHHHHOUS FOOD!


Me and Paul at the dinner table...

So, the night ended and I was sad. Life is too short when it comes to community and fellowship in my opinion. I loved having everyone over and enjoying talking about the Lord, His ways that are cool and His ways that are confusing. That's my love. It's hard to explain other than it's nice to fellowship with sandbox playmates.


Ok...so, signing off. We love you Paul and can't wait to see you next time. Huge hugs, A

P.S. Below video is called "Exiting my house". You'll see. (you can always expect 'grand' entrances and exits at our house in September. (lol)

p.s.s. Note Lisa's hair do. Isn't it sexy?


No comments: