Monday, November 10, 2008

Luke the dare devil...scary!

Ok, so, here's how it all went down this weekend.

My son is becoming mister dare devil and it's terrifying the ba'jesus' out of us!
First off, I'm on the phone in the living room chatting away and watching Luke play on the floor.

Then, Luke scoots off to the next room where I assumed Jonathan was residing! Not so. Jon was in his office on his computer.

Translation: I thought Jon was watching Luke and Jon thought I was watching Luke.

Total child neglect time from parents: Approx. 7 minutes. (give or take a few seconds)

So, within this 7 or so minutes I realize that Luke is laughing and giggling abnormally loud and it was coming from the next room to which made me suspicious because this is my office and there's typically not this huge breakdown of laughter in this area. (no toys..no play stuff, no TV)
I start to walk in my office and look up and behold..I see Luke sitting on the side bar of the chair by the fish tank with BOTH legs dangling over and hands are FREE! He's balancing himself right at the fish tank. I about died!! I screamed "Jonathan! Get in here..you've got to see this and I thought you were watching him!?!!". Jon runs in and freaks right along with me and says "did you see him do this on his own?". And I say "UGH! NO!". We both were in awe that we could not speak. I was in a gasp of air and could hardly carry on my conversation with Ericka thereafter. Freaky!!

So! Today..I almost got a reenactment of this scene and he decided at the last minute not to hike his legs over. I personally think it's because he had his clunky shoes on. The neglect incident was with ZERO shoes on!

I also included Josh the day before in the video which I believe prompted him to do this the very next day.

Just call my son Dare Devil! I have been known to say this many times about my amazing son when he would kick his legs really hard while laying on his back pre-diagnosis. I used to say "he's very athletic!". Honestly....I'm starting to believe my prophetic stance. Who would have thunk it? This child will RUN when he finally starts walking. I'm here to tell you! We will have a little Forest Gump on our hands. Sweet personality and all.

I can't wait. Until next time....here's a video for your viewing pleasure. And YES! I know. NO PANTS. Let it go blog family...you have no idea how many shorts/sweat pants this child has scooted HOLES IN! I'm done. So...just a diaper and his special shoes. So funnY!
Don't be hate'in girlfriends! Love you, A

Pics of Joshy and Luke THE DAY BEFORE BELOW!!!!

OK...see picture below. Imagine me walking in and seeing LUKE sitting just like this except...NO ADULT SUPERVISION!! All by himself. How in the world did he hike both legs over, balance and then position accordingly without falling right into that glass fish tank? Grace of God people...Grace of God.

Fun Video below..worth watching. It's hysterical...diaper and shoes only will crack you up. My poor little mister. Momma should be fined for this type of bloggin!! Please note! He free floats it a couple of times. Meaning...he attempts to stand with no support! Watch towards the end on this! So fun!

No comments: