Friday, November 7, 2008

Luke's school plan is official with slight change

Well, I had another (yes..another) school meeting yesterday to recap and review Luke's school plan. Again, we met with all the therapists that assessed Luke 2 weeks ago as well as the principle of the school present! I was a little surprised that the principle attended these meetings but hey..we'll take it!

After going over Luke's goals from each therapist,etc... my facilitator Karen proposed that we skip home bound schooling and bring Luke up to the school everyday 5x a week for 2 hours and 45 min. per day. He would be in a contained room (actually very large classroom) by himself for the first few months doing therapies and cognitive education. Time: 8am-10:45am

Meaning, the staff is willing to isolate Luke and all the therapists will go into his classroom away from other kids to keep from getting illness. I was elated!

Of course, our plan of slowly bringing 'healthy' kids into the classroom with Luke is still on target and set for the future.

I could not ask for a better plan! I am in awe and so impressed with this school and so very, very, very thankful that they would invest so much time and energy for our Luke.

I plan on making sure all the therapists and teachers that are involved are gifted greatly by momma. Whether it be a free photo shoot, volunteering, etc... I just want to do whatever it takes to make sure that I accommodate them in anyway.

I'M SO EXCITED! MY BABY STARTS SCHOOL DEC. 1st!! Whoohooooo!!

Of course, I'll be taking many pictures in the months to come! Stay tuned for more on this topic. Lulu bought Luke school clothes for his Birthday so he's all set. All we need is Aunt Lisa to give him his haircut and then my little mister is becoming a big boy as of Dec. 1st.

Be back for more...love you, A

No comments: