Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oh Gracious, the largest gift ever given to us!

Oh Blog family, amazing, amazing, amazing news!!

I wished so much I could name "names" and give the thanks OUT LOUD for this amazing gift that was given to Jonathan and I today. However, I have been instructed by the "giver" that I can't. (ok....hard to do...but I respect it and will not name names)

Long story short, the last few days have been heavy on my heart since I felt compelled to pick up this Cord blood brochure in my OB's office and read it over. Now, keep in mind, I have been staring at these brochures for 6mths people! 6mths! Not once did I ever pick one up until this week. I actually have a client with a special needs child that prompted me to really think about it these last few months. It's been nagging at me.

I started to read about the benefits of the Cord blood and how it can help with malignant cancers, treat diseases of all kinds, etc.

So, I go to bed last night and can't stop thinking about it. I kept thinking..wow, someday the Mayo Clinic 'will' come up with the cure to CMS. (Luke's inherited gene mutation) And, some day...God willing..Luke may need stem cells that are a perfect match from Hannah's DNA. I mean..who knows?! Mestinon (Luke's miracle drug) was just created in my grandmothers' lifetime for pete's sake?! you know?

So...I call them and have this amazing conversation with a representative about how it's cured children of long term diseases and malignant tumors, etc. I probably asked this lady a million questions and she was so patient and kind about Luke's story. She proceeded to tell me about the gene therapy they've been doing and it just floored me. I was sold.

So...I said a prayer and made a call. Within 2 hours, the deal was done (paid for in full by the givers) and my blood cord kit is being federal expressed to me tomorrow for us to take to the hospital next Wednesday!!
Oh my gosh ya'll. I'm still floored. And...I'm comforted beyond belief that someday this could help Hannah, Luke, me, Jonathan or a close blood relative with a debilitating disease and/or cancer. (understanding that a match has to take place within our DNA)

It's a huge deal for my heart to know this is going to be stored and taken care of. I'm elated. Even if it's all unknown....to have this...brings me much joy and peace to know we HAVE IT. I think being a special needs parent awaiting a cure has motivated me greatly in this area. I'm sold out on this.

We are storing this at the most experienced private CORD BLOOD BANK in AMERICA.
And, if you want to call and inquire...please call Jennifer (our representative) and tell her I sent you. She will take great care of you. 800-588-6377 (press opt. 1) and then key in her extension 686.

So, I end with this. To God be the Glory. I am so thankful to God for this gift and SHOUT OUT to the LORD the names of the givers and say "thanks be to God for whewing them to do this!".
Love you blog family------Just had to share immediately!

No comments: