Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Luke's turns 3 -- a month early!

Hey blog family,

I've been looking forward to posting this blog. We did Luke's bday party 1 month early due to ms. prissy pot is coming soon. I wanted to make sure I had the energy to give Luke a great party. His 'real' bday is Nov. 21st. So....he's one lucky little mister cuz he got to celebrate early! We had a great time. Everyone had a blast and I was thrilled that Luke was so good and enjoyed himself.

A note to CMS Parents: Luke still cannot eat solid foods..so we allowed him to taste the icing on the cake. Thankfully..he didn't like it. (we were worried he would want to eat the cake part..) Choking is still a huge fear for us as he'll choke on cheese puffs in therapy. We are still working on this. Also, Luke has offiically been diagnosed for 1.5years. That's a big deal for us. He's making great progress physically and cognitively.

The pictures below are a 'serious' summary of the day. I have so many pics ya'll as Aunt Lisa and Aunt Ericka were snapping away. But, I don't want to overwhelm you. So, here's a quicky recap. Now..keep in mind, everyone was there in the family with the exception of a few missing. I just chose to recap the highlights. Enjoy!


Luke's turns 3!!!


THEME: ZOOLOGY PARTY! Jungle animals and little animals have been his favorite thing this year. So, I chose a fun zoology kit that I got off the internet. It was perfect!

Oh ya'll! THE CAKE!! Jon/I went down to the bakery and ordered a huge TREE CAKE. We put animals under it and we were so, so,so, so excited at how the Cake turned out!! Isn't it so cool?! I was thrilled. In addition to cake, the food we served was hot dogs and chips. Can't go wrong with that huh?! Cheap and easy!


The birthday kit that I ordered came with a sign that I could personalize! Fun fun!


Luke preparing for his big day! He loved watching the balloons and all the goodies on the table.


OF COURSE! His latest obsession are BALLOONS! We made sure we stocked up on balloons and Aunt Lisa got him the mother load of Balloons as well. He was in Balloon heaven!


Luke opening up his GIFTS with me and daddy! He loved everything he got. He got wooden blocks, tons of books, great clothes, educational toys. We were elated! Thanks everyone! You did good!!

Papa Roma and Luke playing and having fun. My dad really bonded with Luke! Luke normally covers his ears when dad makes animal noises to get his attention....this time.... Totally different! He was screaming and laughing and begging for more. We actually have some of this on video. I'll post later this week. So adorable!



CAKE EATING TIME. Luke got the topper of the tree. However, one bite of frosting and he was done. LOL. Honestly, a great thing for us as we were afraid he'd want the cake part. So, we didn't have to fight that battle and we were relieved. (you know..the solid food thing is still a work & progress)



GUESTS and an attempt at a family birthday picture below! I loved the picture. We are all smiling! Just not 'at the camera'. LOL








The rest of the pics were the recap of Deb's new mini van. Luke playing and having fun! And...my favorite part..Luke actively scooting over to Jillian (Deb's little girl) and wanting to give her a hug. This will be a whole new blog post later this week. It was over the top adorable and confirmation that my baby needs to be around more kids!
I hope you all enjoyed. We had a great time as did Luke. We are so proud of him that it's hard to put in words. Jonathan and I just adore his personality and disposition. God (as always) just does so well giving gifts to us. Lord, we thank you for our Luke. He's amazing and so very perfect to us. If by chance we don't think you daily for him and get into the busyness of the day......please know that we thank you in advance every day for this precious child. Thank you Lord for year 3! He rocks our world.
Love you all so much blog family,
A

No comments: