Saturday, February 9, 2008

ER...this am (Luke)

Hi, well,
Jonathan heads to class this am. (totally out of pocket until noon)

I get up to have a relaxing day with Luke and around 9am I change his diaper. Well, what I saw was HUGE,....I'm talking huge testicals with this purple color and they were pulsating. (yes..I'm serious)

Luke was in ZERO distress and ZERO pain. So, I'm panicked as I'm looking at this and thinking..is this for real? I have noticed some swelling off and on this past week but chalked it up to his 'thingies' moving up and around? I don't know?

So, I call the pediatrician on call and she says to come up there. Well, the ER was closer and I just drove straight to the ER. Mom met me up there and very longstory short...they did a sonogram and it showed he had a hernia that will need surgery next week.

And...to really make it interesting...they asked "did he fall?".."did he hurt himself down there".

NO! He doesn't walk and doesn't ride bikes? UGhhhh, how does this happen? So confusing.

At any rate, we were told that he needed surgery and to go see the Pediatric Surgeon on Monday. So, off to see Dr. Hermann..once again. He's the guy that did Luke's button/nissan surgery.

Ok blog family...the swelling is going down and it comes and goes. The Dr's said as long as it comes and goes we are fine until surgery. If it doesn't then it's blocked with BM (yes..poop) and get him to the ER asap.

LORD, protect my baby. Protect us all. Keep him safe.

Uggh, I want to cry. Love you family,......keep little Luke in your prayers. More to come,
A

No comments: